Getting Insurance Coverage for Your Classic Car
Posted January 27, 2020 in Classic Car Insurance
2 Min Read:
The automobile industry began in the early 20th century and has produced thousands of cars that are rich in history, value, and likeness.
This is why many people have an interest in collecting antique, classic cars of their own.
The investment made for their classic cars should be matched by an investment in special insurance coverage for their beloved purchase.
If you are interested in purchasing insurance coverage for your collection, Gallant Risk & Insurance, Inc., can help. Call Gallant Risk & Insurance Services, Inc., at (951) 368-0700 or by filling out our online contact form.
What Types of Vehicles Need Special Insurance?
A collectible or antique car is not like a normal car, which means regular car insurance will not be sufficient in protecting its worth in the unfortunate case of damage or loss.
Vehicles that could qualify for classic car insurance include:
- Antique or vintage cars that are over 20 years old
- Restored and modified vehicles
- Classic trucks
- Luxury autos
What Are the Benefits of Classic Car Insurance?
Your classic car insurance will differ from standard car insurance policies and will likely provide more protection for your unique investment.
Unlike standard car insurance—which pays for the depreciated value of your car in the event of a loss—classic car insurance guarantees to pay out the agreed replacement cost of your collector car.
Other benefits of investing in classic car insurance include:
- Traveling coverage
- Auto show medical reimbursement
- Coverage for spare parts
- Coverage while you are away from your vehicle
- Roadside assistance
The rate of your classic car insurance will depend on:
- Your car’s value—Once you and your insurer have agreed on the value of your vehicle, your car will be covered up to that value without depreciation
- Specialized repair and restoration services—Classic cars qualify for specialized maintenance and restoration services
- Towing and spare parts—Classic cars require specialized towing services and valuable, niche spare parts
Classic cars likely gain value over time, so make sure you adjust your insurance coverage as the value of your vehicle increases.