- All programs are tailored to your company size and needs.
- Create solutions to help reduce cost while enhancing your employee benefit programs.
- Our financial solutions help improve cash flow and reduce taxes and program costs.
- Our human resource services are just one aspect of our innovative concept of risk management.
- Gallant works with existing HR staff, line managers, and CEOs to create necessary HR programs, systems and procedures.
- We support the effective management of your organization while helping you navigate the legal requirements and obligations associated with human resource management.
- Wellness programs are an ideal path to help invest in the health and security of your employees.
- Wellness programs promote various approaches to creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Commonly offered programs include mental health and financial counseling.
- It helps you stay up-to-date on the continuously evolving compliance regulations.
- It takes the guesswork out of detailed government mandates and protects your business.
- Our professional and responsive consultants are available to answer all of your questions.
Prior to engaging GRIS, the client had been told by their existing broker (Mercer) that due to recommendations by Mercer and the client decision to join the Mercer Marketplace under the premise it would offer them MORE choices, two years into that program the client actually had fewer options, and in fact, according to Mercer they would soon have only a Kaiser option from which to choose due to participation in Kaiser and the non-Kaiser options. At that point, close to 25% of the eligible employees declined participation and less than 5% choose the non-Kaiser option. Clearly, the benefit program was not meeting the needs of much of those eligible and, again, according to Mercer there was no way out.
Due to GRIS market reputation and influence, a new market (Blue Shield of California) was offered to the employees despite the overwhelming underwriting challenge of almost non-existent enrollment in the non-Kaiser option. The new option introduced by GRIS offered the employees superior network access, improved benefits for both PPO and HMO as well as improved pricing. Employees responded with enrollment in the non-Kaiser plans increasing to close to 30% (from less than 5%) as well as significant enrollment from those who had previously declined.
Additional enhancements of improved benefits and better pricing was also accomplished by GRIS on all ancillary lines, including dental , vision, life, disability and worksite programs. All was accomplished in less than 5 months after being awarded the business and the right/privilege of representing the LA YMCA. On time, under budget, after the world’s largest broker (Mercer) said “Nothing can be done”
An existing client with a California only population of approximately 200 employees made two significant acquisions within 120 days of their renewal. This increased the size of the client to close to 1,000 employees spread over 18 states. Due to the size, complexity of the risk and lack of any credible claim experience most markets were reluctant to offer quotes. Due to GRIS reputation and market influence, we were able to design a plan accommodating the wide geographic needs of the new entity while offering improved benefits and pricing. The next challenge was getting all 1,000 employees enrolled into the system (the client had also just unveiled and new online payroll system most employees were unfamiliar with) for the new benefit programs, all with less than a 30 day window. GRIS, with help from a trusted partner was able to accomplish the task and exceed client expectations, on time, under budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why use a benefit consultant like Gallant Risk and Insurance, Inc.?
Benefit consultants act as a bridge between insurance companies and clients. We negotiate better pricing on your behalf while acting as YOUR advocate when issues arise for you or your employees. By choosing Gallant, you can feel confident you have chosen a company that advocates for your needs and ensures you are always within compliance.
How large does my company need to be before I can use an insurance broker?
At Gallant, we take companies of all sizes and tailor the programs to suit your employee and cost needs.
Is it essential that I offer employee health benefits?
Currently, there is a government mandate that requires most employers to offer health insurance for their employees. Schedule a consultation with Gallant to ensure that you are in compliance with all recent government mandates.
Which benefits will help my business maximize efficiency and productivity?
The answer to that is determined by your needs as a business owner and the needs of your employees. Schedule your consultation so we can start designing a plan that works for you.